Hey, wait! Are you stuffing your rectangular bag so tightly that it ends up exploding in the middle of the airport?
Generally, girls are overloaded with overstuffed bags carrying various things from their makeup kit, to jewelry, to shoes, to their everyday and occasional clothes, and many more. And the worst thing that they could imagine with an overstuffed bag is probably a broken zipper, which may produce a gaping hole with your clothes hanging out!
Proper preparations before going on a trip are a must, and are the best way to handle this situation! We have some space-saving hacks in this article that will save you from a wrinkled blouse, tangled jewelry, leaving a beauty product behind, or running out of room!
- Set your jewelry between sheets of plastic wrap to prevent it from moving around and tangling inside your bag.
- Use a pill case compartments or a used lip balm container to arrange your smaller jewelry, like rings and earrings in an organized way and keep track of them.
- String the ends of a dainty necklace through straws to prevent the chain from knotting and tangling.
- Keep track of small stud earrings by fastening the set through buttonholes before slipping them into your jewelry bag so that it's convenient to take out without any mess.
- When packing clothes that wrinkle easily, lay the clothing flat and fold inside a dry-cleaning bag. The plastic will prevent the creases from setting in.
- Rolling your clothes instead of folding them is a better idea to maximize your space in bags. You'll be surprised by how much more you can fit if keeping clothes this way.
- Stack your bras on top of each other, folding them in half, and tucking your underwear inside. Stuffing your underwear inside your bras will prevent distortion of bras and help extend their life beyond your trip.
- Stick the dirty soles of your shoes inside a shower cap to keep them away from your clothes.
- Running short of packing space? Stuff socks and products that won't leak inside your shoes!
- Fold your underwear instead of just wadding it up and stuffing it in your bag. This can save a lot of space.
- Protect your delicates or breakable items from the rest of the stuff in your bag by tucking them inside the little cloth bag that comes with a new pair of shoes or a new handbag.
- Protect breakables such as glass perfume bottles by slipping them into socks before packing them in your bag.
- Stick your hairpins and clips inside a used Tic Tac container to keep track of them easily.
- Instead of taking big, bulky makeup bottles with you for a quick weekend trip, pour a little bit of the product into a clean contact case for easy travel and to save space.
- To prevent liquid products from bursting out and spoiling everything else inside your bag, cut a small square of plastic wrap, unscrew the product's lid, set the plastic wrap on top, and screw the lid back on. If the lid pops open, no product can spill out!
- Protect your powder makeup products from breaking while traveling by placing a cotton pad or cotton ball inside the compact before slipping it in your makeup bag.
- If your razor is not protected with a cap, use a large binder clip to cover the sharp blades so that you don't accidentally cut your finger when digging around your makeup bag.
- Use an old medicine bottle or small container to store cotton swabs, sponges, or other disposable makeup applicators.
- Coat the ends of a few cotton swabs in your favorite eye shadow shades, and then put them in a plastic sandwich bag when traveling in order to save your packing space as well as time.
- Toss your makeup brushes or other small beauty products in a slim sunglasses case when traveling so you won't lose them or prevent breaking.
Follow these space-saving hacks and save a lot of space when packing up your bag so that you enjoy a comfortable and a happy journey.