Last year, pop star Miley Cyrus burst into talk show host Jimmy Kimmel's bedroom to give a special performance of her 2013 hit “Wrecking Ball.” She performed while swinging a sledge hammer over split fake rubble strewn on his bed while crew members wearing high-vis jackets and wrecking ball costumes looked on. Rihanna and Britney Spears have also pulled similar pranks in recent years.
Just because you aren't at risk of being awoken by a pranking pop star doesn't mean you have to go without your share of sleep-related pranks this April Fool's Day. Here are some popular favorites:
- The ultimate classic: Draw a mustache on their face. But, be kind and use washable marker or something easy to remove.
- Move everything in their bedroom room over a few inches. See if they notice that anything is different.
- Cover their eyebrows in foundation to give them a little early morning surprise when they see their reflection in the mirror.
- Another summer camp classic: Fill their hands with whipped cream and tickle their nose with a feather.
- Wear scrubs and cover your face with a mask. Wake them up while discussing a diagnosis with a friend as you're hovering above them with a clipboard.
- Dress as the Grim Reaper and stand at the foot of their bed. Wake them up suddenly with a very loud scream.